CAREERS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Advertisement/ Job Description – Bison Machinery Ltd
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 basic + Company Vehicle + Benefits
Bison Machinery is one of the leading suppliers of sheetmetal and fabrication machinery in the UK. Located in Stafford we are leading industry specialists in the supply, commissioning, service and repair of the very latest machinery technology including CNC press brakes, guillotines, bending machines, laser cutting machines, plasma cutting machines as well as servicing the industry with more conventional machinery.
Due to increased growth and expansion we are now looking to recruit a Field Service Technician, to complement our existing field and workshop based engineer team.
This position is predominantly field based, mainly in the West Midlands, East Midlands, Yorkshire, Humberside, North West and North East areas.
To service and support business aftersales services for the metal working machinery industry.
Predominantly a field based role this work will include but not be limited to installation, commissioning, service and repair of metal working machinery with both CNC and conventional technology.
The role sometimes requires early/ late working hours for which overtime is payable and a company vehicle is also provided
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Installation and Commissioning of new and refurbished equipment/projects at customer locations.
- Demonstrate setting up/commissioning/fault finding including the use of & programming of CNC and other associated IT technology.
- Repair and maintenance of equipment in breakdown situations to include mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems.
- Operator training on machine functionality, operation, maintenance and capabilities.
- Post installation on site servicing and maintenance of customer machines.
- Any other reasonable duty as requested by the Company
- Possess a suitable engineering qualification or recognised apprenticeship in electrical/electro-mechanical discipline.
- Previous experience of working with metal working machinery would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Understanding of electrical, electronic, mechanical and hydraulic drawing & control systems.
- Demonstrate a level of competence with CNC and other technical associated applications.
- Proven high standard of workmanship in all fields.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with the ability to work alone and under pressure.
- Ability to communicate in all situations and at all levels of an organisation
- Must hold a current driving licence for a car
- £30,000 - £38,000 salary depending on experience + Overtime
- Holiday – 20 days + bank holidays
- Laptop for company use
- Healthcare subject to six months service
- Pension per statutory auto-enrolment requirements.
Whilst we are based in Stafford, the successful applicant could be located within the core area of the West Midlands, East Midlands, Yorkshire or the North West.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
*** NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ***