CAREERS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Check this page for opportunities to join the Bison team...
Job Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Midlands, Northern England
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 basic + Company Van + Benefits
Bison Machinery is one of the leading suppliers of Metal Working machinery and associated consumables in the UK. Located in Stafford we are leading industry specialists in the supply, commissioning, service and repair of the very latest machinery technology including CNC & NC Pressbrakes/Guillotines/bending and section rolls, plasma & laser cutting machines as well as servicing the industry with more conventional machinery.
We are now looking to recruit a Field Service Technicians to complement our existing field and workshop based engineer team.
This position is predominantly field based servicing the Midlands and North of England although you will also be expected to work on both new and used machinery in our Stafford based Workshop.
The post may also involve occasional international travel.
Main Purpose of Job
To service and support business aftersales services for the metal working machinery industry.
Predominantly a field based role this work will include but not be limited to installation, commissioning, service and repair of metal working machinery with both CNC and NC technology.
The role often requires early/ late working hours for which overtime is payable and a company van is also provided
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Installation and Commissioning of new and refurbished equipment/projects at customer locations.
- Demonstrate setting up/commissioning/fault finding including the use of & program of CNC and other associated IT technology.
- Repair and maintenance of equipment in breakdown situations to include mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and control system elements (PLC knowledge is required).
- Operator training on machine functionality, operation, maintenance and capabilities.
- Post installation on site servicing and maintenance of customer machines.
- Fault diagnostics, repair and refurbishment of customer trade in machines at Stafford Head Office.
- To set up and perform machine demonstrations to support sales process at Stafford Head office.
- Any other reasonable duty as requested by the Company
- Possess a suitable engineering qualification or recognised apprenticeship in electrical/ electro –mechanical discipline.
- Previous experience of working specifically either with Plasma and Laser technology or with Pressbrake and Guillotines preferably in the metal working machinery industry.
- Understanding of electrical, electronic, mechanical and hydraulic drawing & control systems.
- Demonstrate a high level of competence with CNC and other technical associated applications.
- Proven high standard of workmanship in all fields.
- The Company's products and image must be promoted at all times through professional and Company-minded behaviour
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with the ability to work alone and under pressure.
- Ability to communicate in all situations and at all levels of an organisation
- Must hold a current driving licence for a car
- £30,000 - £32,000 + Overtime
- Holiday - 4 weeks + bank holidays
- Healthcare subject to six months service
- Private pension scheme with employer contribution subject to six months service
- Provided lunch